The Plantation House Hotel
- 118 Courthouse Square, Edgefield, South Carolina 29824
- Construction 1919
- Offered at $225,000.00
There are three retail spaces and another space in the back that could be a small dining area, restaurant, bar or event space. Upstairs could ultimately have up to hotel 33 rooms.
This property will be eligible for historic and abandoned building tax credits which could represent as much as 70 percent of the rehab investment. This property offers a great value as well as an investment.
The Plantation House was constructed in 1919 and is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
The Historic Plantation House Hotel is the single largest property overlooking the historic town square in Edgefield SC, a village known for its southern small-town charm. However, the quant appearance of this small historic town bellies the fact that it is adjoining one of the most dynamic growing regions in the South.
The National Wild Turkey Federation National Headquarters is located just outside Edgefield and boasts over 10,000 annual visitors per year to its state-of-the-art Hunting Heritage Center. Many of these visitors must commute up to 30 miles for lodging and would see the availability of a hotel a mere three miles away a necessary convenience. Please see the letter of cooperation from the NWTF CEO, Becky Humphries, (located below under "Download more information").
The center of the bustling Augusta GA /Aiken SC Metro Area with the Master’s Tournament and Horse/polo country lies only 30 miles to the southeast and with its regional population of 590,772 people, acts as the primary economic driver for the community.
Tax Map and Parcel:
- 137-03-03-007-000 137-03-03-008-000
- Parcels 1 and 2 containing 0.45 acres at the intersection of Courthouse Square, Penn Street and Norris Street within the Town of Edgefield, SC,
Owner of Record:
- Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation DBA Preservation South Carolina
- Commercial Retail / Hotel-Inn
Parcel 1 - .33 Acres
- 93.77 FF – Courthouse Square
- 253.25 FF – Penn Street
Parcel 2 - .12 Acres
- 56.15 FF – Penn Street
- 92.49 FF – Norris Street
- 3 Story + Basement
- 20,040 Square feet
- Preservation Easement to ensure rehabilitation must adhere to Secretary of Interior Standards
Eligible for the following tax credits:
- 25% State Historic (if renovations are less than 4,000,000)
- 20% Federal Historic
- 25% Abandoned Buildings State Credit (no historic oversight/approvals submitted to SC Department of Revenue)
Sale price includes management of National Register Nomination and Parts 1,2 and 3 of Historic Tax credit submittals to SHPO/National Park Service.
Download more information:
- Completed Part 1 for Historic Tax Credit Application
- Floor Plans and Photos
- Letters of support
- Area Information
- Request for Proposal and Historic Narrative