Preservation South Carolina needs your assistance in identifying historic properties within our state that are considered to be at risk and are candidates for the Places at Risk list. A historic place or property can be a building, structure, site, district, landscape or streetscape nominated by a community, group, or an individual.
Preserve SC Board of Directors will choose from the nominations no more than 12 properties. One from each of the 9 Preserve SC regions and 3 at large chosen by Preserve SC Board of Directors.
All Nomination Forms Must Be Postmarked By April 6, 2018.
Criteria for consideration:
- Nominated property is historic (at least 50 years old) and significantly threatened by direct demolition, demolition by neglect, or other threat.
- There is reasonable potential for a positive outcome to prevent demolition and for rehabilitation and repurpose.
Properties eligible are those that are owned by:
- A Municipal, County, State or Federal Government
- Non-profit organization (includes those owned by Church’s)
- Publicly held corporation
NOTE: Privately owned property that does not fit the above description will not be considered without letter of support from owner.
Download the form (button above), complete the form, include required items, and mail as directed. Incomplete forms and/or missing required items will negate the nomination.